Friday, April 4, 2008

Davis Wins Republican Endorsement on First Ballot

For Immediate Release
Contact: Brad Biers
507.285.5461
April 4, 2008

(Albert Lea, MN) - Brian Davis, Republican candidate in Minnesota's First Congressional District, won the Republican endorsement by receiving 61% of the vote on the first ballot at the District Convention in Albert Lea last Saturday, March 29.

"It's an honor to earn the endorsement of the Republican Party. I look forward to a spirited discussion of the issues with Congressman Walz and others in this election. Voters are looking for someone who will bring about real change in Congress, someone who has the ability to create solutions to the challenges that face our country, instead of big-government tax and spend philosophies." said Davis.

Davis continued, "I want to thank Representative Randy Demmer for running a strong race and sticking to the issues in this campaign. I also thank him for joining me by committing to abide by the endorsement earlier in our race. Randy is a role model with clear integrity and character. I hope to have the opportunity to support him in his future endeavors."

Davis also thanked his supporters and family. "My wife, Lori, and our children have been my best supporters over the last year. In addition, there are many supporters, delegates and others to whom I will ever be grateful for their guidance, wisdom and support."

Brian Davis is a physician in Rochester treating cancer patients. Together with his wife Lori, an emergency room doctor, the Davises have four children and reside in Rochester, MN.

###