Friday, August 1, 2008

Vote to Open Oil Fields, Or Else: Rochester Post Bulletin

Letter to the Editor

Vote to pen up oil fields, or else
7/30/2008 7:32:24 AM

My heating bill arrived today with an increase in my monthly even pay amount for natural gas. It's going up over $100 per month starting in July. Yep, in July.

I called the gas company to ask why. My usage has consistently gone down over the last several years, and again this year, due to a great deal of weatherizing for our home. The lady at the gas company says it's going up now because natural gas prices are expected to rise again sharply for this coming winter.

The oil fields that are not currently open to production also offer natural gas production opportunities.

If Tim Walz won't open up oil and natural gas production, then I am voting for Brian Davis. It's just that simple. I thought the gasoline situation was bad, but now I know it's only part of the story.

Muriel Hanson
Preston